As a provider of hand therapy in Santa Clarita, California our goal is to help individuals with post-traumatic injuries and other orthopedic conditions get the treatment and care they need so they can get back to enjoying the life they once had. Our hand therapists treat a wide range of injuries and disabilities of the hand and arm regularly, but what does hand therapy entail?
According to the American Society of Hand Therapists, hand therapy provides the following:
- Accurate assessment, immediate care, and effective treatment to reduce treatment time
- A continuum of care to eliminate the need for multiple medical providers
- Faster recovery results with decreased medical costs
- Ensures the patient returns to their previous work and productive lifestyle faster
- Comprehensive care for the patients.
A hand specialist may have advanced certification as a certified hand therapist (CHT). This means that as an occupational or physical therapist (OT/PT) by profession the person has had at least three years of experience, plus 4,000 hours of hand therapy practice. The OT or PT must have also passed a certification examination before being able to use the CHT designation. This credential should also be renewed every five years through continued education and practice. In need of hand therapy in Palmdale, California?
Our certified hand therapists at Hand Rehab Pros can help you regain your arm and hand functions. Other than hand therapists we also provide upper extremity rehabilitation and occupational therapy in Santa Clarita, California.